Photobucket           Photobucket            Photobucket           Photobucket

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Superdry Beauty Collective Review

As part of my Stephen's Day/ Boxing Day Haul, which you can find here, I bought Superdry's Beauty Collective. I think it's only recently that Superdry released their beauty products line. This beauty pack contains a purple nail filer, nail polish in colour 'Punk Pink', a pencil eyeliner in colour 'Thunderbolt Black', lip gloss in colour 'Shocking Pink', and a duo eyeshadow palette in colours 'Mudflat and Cream'. Everything comes inside a neon pink makeup bag. I was going to review each item in this post but I figured it'd be too long. So for this post I'll just be reviewing the pack as a whole, and the makeup bag.

This is what it looks like:
'Super' in big bold letters, 'dry' at the back. Ever wonder what those kanji mean? Well, when my Japanese friends came to Ireland they were laughing at Superdry for their nonsense Japanese. Kinda like Engrish writing in Japan. 極度乾燥(しなさい) literally means Super dry, and しなさい is an order to do something.  But yeah.

I really really love the case. It's my favourite part of the whole pack. It's neon pink with orange writing, which is exclusive for the Beauty Collective pack. It comes in other colours like neon pink with purple writing, orange with pink writing, purple with orange writing, etc etc.
Retail price for the makeup bag is 13.
The bag is quite bulky (7.5 inches long, 3 inches thick, and a little over 4 inches high), meaning you can fit loads of stuff in it.
If it wasn't thick enough, it couldn't possibly hold all of these inside:
The whole pack is 30, but you can buy the products individually. What's good about this pack is that the products are the same size as when you buy them individually. What I mean by that is most packs only give you a sample size for each item. That's not the case here. But still I think the price is a bit expensive for the quality of the products. What do I mean by that? Wait for the individual product reviews. For the price you pay it's really just you paying for the brand name, in my most humble opinion 

But yeah. Each of the items come in a variety of different shades and colours. Of course if you're planing on buying these individually, it'd cost more than 30. But buying individually is good because you have a choice on what items to get and the colour. Although if you want to try out Superdry's beauty line I'd say go for the Beauty Collective. They also have another pack called "Bento Beauty Box" which includes a nail file, nail polish, mascara, liquid eyeliner (I think), a compact mirror, and something called lip fix... all inside a box... which is why I didn't go for that one.

So.
Packaging:        
Variety of items:
Price:                 
Would I buy it again: As a pack, no. This is one of those things where once you have one, you don't really need another one.

Check out my other Superdry beauty products reviews. Just click the photo:
  




Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment